This course is directed towards individuals who wish to expand their basic handgun knowledge and take defensive shooting to the next level.
Individuals required to come with a basic understanding of handgun safety, firearms, ammo and range etiquette. A holster and two magazines will be required to take this class.
The goal of the course will be to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to carry and use a concealed handgun ethically, responsibly, and with confidence.
A classroom portion is not offered in this class. The range only course is taught by two instructors: Charlie, an NRA certified instructor, 20 year retired SWCC and Naval Special Warfare Instructor and Melissa, owner and NRA instructor, with eight years of teaching experience.
These are just a few of the topics covered in detail:
Range drills consisting of teaching:
- Shooting from your preferred holster
- Proper unholster and re-holster techniques
- Magazine changes and proper technique
- On the move shooting
- Use of concealment vs cover
- Accuracy drills
- Timed speed drills
- Defensive malfunction clearing drills
- Prone shooting (weather dependent and optional)
- Multiple attacker drills
- Distance drills and much more..
Participant equipment requirements:
- Pistol- Any handgun platform you’ll be using for concealed carry
- At least two magazines (two or more is best) and a speed loader
- Strong holster; magazine holsters or speed loader pouch
- Minimum 250-300 rounds of factory ammunition - No remans or reloads!
- Clothing appropriate for concealed carry and outdoor environment
- Eye and ear protection
This course does not include ammo or lunch. Ammo, eye protection and ear protection is available for purchase at the store if needed.
Bring a lunch or snack if needed.
Hats and sunscreen highly recommended.
Paper and steel targets provided!
Range time averages 3 - 3.5 hours dependent upon how well students grasp information, questions, and student attendance.
This class takes place at Dragonman's Shooting Range. Students will be met inside and directed where to go from here.
All students must be 21 years or older.