Inside and Home the Home Protection Course (Classroom Only)
The course will cover many topics geared towards educating students on self-defense, mental preparedness and enhancing shooting efficiency.
The goal of the course will be to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to carry and use a concealed handgun ethically, responsibly, and with confidence.
The classroom portion is taught by Melissa, owner and NRA instructor, with six years of experience.
If looking for hands on range time, take our Intermediate Defensive Handgun Course! The range portion is taught by Don, an NRA certified instructor, retired law enforcement and 35 years of competition shooting experience.
These are just a few of the topics covered in detail:
- Safety guidelines
- Levels of mental awareness
- Psychological and emotional effects before, during and after an attack
- Complete overview of the fight or fight response
- Home protection tips inside & outside the home
- Proper holster presentation and advanced shooting positions
- Dealing with the aftermath of a shooting
- Handgun shooting simulations to diagnose shooting errors
- Best holster recommendations
- Handgun customizations
- Medical overview of treating a bullet wound
This course is offered based on demand. If interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will notify you when we have at least three or more students requesting to attend, and coordinate a day that works for everyone!
**This course has no age restrictions but we encourage attendees to be 14 years or older due to mature topics.
**This class is a supplement to the basic handgun and concealed carry course.
**Classroom time averages roughly 3 hours